I'm a philosopher with wide-ranging philosophical interests. My (not completely up to date) CV is linked here. My e-mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
(1) Shadows of Syntax: Revitalizing Logical and Mathematical Conventionalism (2020) Oxford
(2) The A Priori Without Magic (under contract with Cambridge University Press)
Notes, typos, and errata for Shadows of Syntax can be found here.
(3) Conventionalism, Consistency, and Consistency Sentences (2015) Synthese 192 (5): 1351-1371.
(4) Talking with Tonkers (2015) Philosophers' Imprint 15 (24): 1-24.
(5) Trapping the Metasemantic Metaphilosophical Deflationist? (2016) Metaphilosophy 47 (1): 108-121.
(6) Sider on the Epistemology of Structure (2016) Philosophical Studies 173 (9): 2417-2435.
(7) Epistemology versus Non-causal Realism (2017) Synthese 194 (5): 1643-1662.
(8) Revisiting Quine on Truth by Convention (2017) Journal of Philosophical Logic 46 (2): 119-139.
(9) Internal and External Questions Revisited (2016) Journal of Philosophy 113 (4): 177-209.
(10) Change of Logic, Change of Meaning (2018) Philosophy and Phenomenological Research 96 (2): 421-442.
(11) Quantifier Variance and Indefinite Extensibility (2017) Philosophical Review 126 (1): 81-122.
(12) (with Daniel Waxman) A Metasemantic Challenge for Mathematical Determinacy (2020)
Synthese 197(2): 477-495.
(13) (with Eli Hirsch) Quantifier Variance and the Demand for a Semantics (2019)
Philosophy and Phenomenological Research 98 (3): 592-605.
(14) Killing Kripkenstein's Monster (2020) Noûs 54(2): 257-289.
(17) Ontological Commitment and Ontological Commitments (2020) Philosophical Studies 177(10): 2851-2859.
(18) Infinite Reasoning (2021) Philosophy and Phenomenological Research 103(2): 385-407.
(19) Ontology, Set Theory, and the Paraphrase Challenge (forthcoming) Journal of Philosophical Logic
(20) Functionalism About Inference (forthcoming) Inquiry
(22) Defending Understanding-Assent Links (forthcoming) Synthese
(23) Quantifier Variance, Semantic Collapse, and "Genuine" Quantifiers (forthcoming) Philosophical Studies
(24) Inferentialism, Conventionalism, and A Posteriori Necessity (forthcoming) Journal of Philosophy
Notes, typos, and errata for my published papers can be found here. If you are having trouble accessing any of my papers, feel free to e-mail me for pdfs.
I have ceteris paribus policies against contributing to volumes and contests, writing book reviews, and writing freestanding replies to critics. I am not a member of the APA and I don't use social media (highly recommended). I don't attend philosophy conferences, network, apply for grants, chase hot topics, or genuflect before contemporary political idols.
I care about philosophy, not the academic game. I'm trying to go up the mountain the hard way, thankless though it may be. And I try to live within the truth, despite it all.